Plastic mold design steps
1. Acceptance of mission documents
The task document for molded plastic parts is usually presented by the designer.
1. the formal drawing made by the trial shall be signed, and the grades and transparency of the plastic shall be specified.
2. specification or technical requirements for plastic parts.
3. production output.
4. samples of plastic products.
Usually, the task book of mould design is put forward by plastic parts technicians according to the task book of plastic parts, and the die designer designs the mould based on the task book of plastic parts and the task book of mould design. Two. Collect, analyze and digest original data.
Collect and sort out the data of parts design, forming process, forming equipment, mechanical processing and special processing for use in designing die.
1. Digest the drawing of plastic parts, understand the use of the parts, analyze the technical requirements of plastic parts, such as technological properties, dimensional accuracy, etc. For example, what are the requirements of plastic parts in appearance shape, color transparency and service performance, whether the geometrical structure, inclination and insert of plastic parts are reasonable, the allowable degree of forming defects such as weld marks and shrinkage holes, whether there are post-processing such as coating, electroplating, bonding, drilling, etc. Choose the most precise size of plastic parts for analysis, to see whether the estimated forming tolerance is lower than the tolerance of plastic parts, whether the plastic parts can be formed to meet the requirements. Besides, it is necessary to understand the plasticizing and molding process parameters of plastics.
2. Digest the process data and analyze whether the requirements of forming method, equipment type, material specification and die structure type proposed in the process task book are appropriate or not.
Molding materials should meet the strength requirements of plastic parts with good fluidity, uniformity, isotropy and thermal stability. According to the use of plastic parts, forming materials should meet the requirements of dyeing, metal plating conditions, decorative properties, necessary elasticity and plasticity, transparency or reverse reflectivity, adhesiveness or weldability.
3. determine the molding method.
Direct pressure method, casting pressure method or injection method are adopted.